At Frontier Veterinary Hospital we maintain a fully equipped, state-of-the-art surgical suite. This allows us to give our patients the same quality of surgical care that we would expect for ourselves. We perform routine, emergency, and advanced surgical procedures using traditional and laparoscopic techniques.
We believe our patients are a part of our family. In keeping with this belief, we choose to provide healthcare that is consistent with the highest standards available. In regards to surgery and anesthesia, this means that our anesthesia and surgery protocols mandate the highest quality anesthesia and analgesia medications, the best possible monitoring equipment, a clean and sterile surgery suite, sterile instruments and suture material, and licensed veterinary technicians to carefully monitor the patient before, during, and after anesthesia.
Our primary goal is to ensure the safety of our patients. We pride ourselves that our anesthesia protocols are at the forefront of veterinary medicine, and include:
- Utilizing principles of pre-emptive analgesia to prevent pain, discomfort, and anxiety in our patients. Excellent post-operative care allows our patients to rest comfortably, including postoperative analgesia for all surgical procedures.
- For all anesthetic procedures, our patients have an intravenous catheter and IV fluids administered to maintain blood pressure, which is a vital support measure for any patient under anesthesia.
- Monitoring of our anesthetized patients rivals that of human medicine by using state of the art monitoring equipment. Each and every patient has an ECG (electrocardiograph) to monitor heart rhythm, a pulse monitor, an oxygen monitor for oxygenation levels, a capnograph for carbon dioxide levels, a blood pressure monitor, as well as temperature monitoring and support.
- We utilize clean and aseptic surgical instruments, suture, and surgical technique. All equipment is sterilized between pets. All sutures used are new and never reused.
- We strive to offer the best, compassionate care for our animals.