EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: Mandatory Curbside Service at Frontier Veterinary Hospital
Dear Frontier Veterinary Hospital family, clients and pets,
We ask for your patience while we all lead the charge to protect our community and staff from COVID-19 spread. Veterinary care is an essential service to our community so we must take proactive measures. We assure you that we will remain open to care for your pet at this time, and are taking these precautions to protect our staff so they can continue to provide this vital care.
1. Only Frontier Veterinary Hospital Staff are allowed inside the building.
2. Upon arrival in our parking lot, you will notice a sign in each client parking spot with our phone number 503-648-1643 to call with a space number.
3. Upon receipt of your call we will check you in as quickly as possible using the number on your parking space.
4. Please remain in your car outside the hospital and a staff member will come to you with your food or prescriptions if here for pickup, or to retrieve your pet for appointments and services.
5. If you are not feeling well or may have been exposed to COVID-19, please request a healthy friend or family member to transport your pet to the hospital on your behalf.
6. We will do our best to coordinate your visit from outside the hospital, including real time exams with you on the phone and providing follow-up instructions and taking payments.
We are all working together to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community and to protect our ability to serve you and keep you and our staff safe during this pandemic.
Thank you for your patience and understanding,
The Doctors & Staff of Frontier Veterinary Hospital
March 15, 2020
We expect to maintain regular business hours and see and treat patients as usual. This includes preventive care, dental care, surgery, illness and urgent/emergency care. In order to do this safely, we have updated our already strict cleanliness standards, and implemented new options for clients to maintain social distancing practices. We are working with our talented staff to innovate ideas that support you and them during this unprecedented time.
Clients are welcome to use our many hand washing stations and hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the hospital.
Fortunately our existing workflow minimizes time in shared spaces with exam room check-in and check-out, and our spacious lobby allows plenty of room to maintain social distance.
Frontier offers paid sick leave and PTO to our staff, so staff experiencing any symptoms of illness will stay home, in keeping with CDC guidelines for workplace risk reduction.
We also ask our clients experiencing any symptoms to stay home. Call us if your pet needs veterinary care and we will work with you to problem solve.
March 1, 2020