Our feline amenities:
- Secure cat boarding suite away from hospital operations and other pets
- Fully air-conditioned and heated boarding suite
- Daily monitoring by our technicians and kennel attendants
- Attentive kennel staff ensuring constant cleanliness
- Administration of medications if necessary
- Ability to have routine care or medical treatments, such as exams and dental cleanings, performed during your pet’s stay
- To fill out your boarding paperwork in advance click here.
Why are you no longer boarding dogs?
What is medical boarding?
Do I need a reservation?
Our kennel space can fill up fast, especially during the holidays, so advance reservations are essential. Please give us a call at 503-648-1643 to reserve your pet’s accommodation.
How long does check-in take?
What vaccines does my pet need?
Do I need to bring my pet’s food?
Can you administer my pet’s medicine?
Should I bring toys, bedding, or other belongings from home?
You are welcome to bring a blanket, bed, or pillow that will increase your pet’s comfort and fit comfortably in their kennel. Some animals enjoy having a familiar stuffed animal or toy with them. If the item is not machine washable, however, FVH reserves the right to substitute our in-house bedding. Please note that some pets may become anxious and chew their bedding or toys during their stay, so you will be asked to sign a release form prior to FVH keeping these items in your pet’s kennel.
Are there kennel attendants present overnight? What about the holidays?
We are not staffed 24-hours. Our hospital is staffed from shortly before opening time until shortly after closing each day. Click here for our regular business hours. On holidays where the hospital is closed, we do not offer drop-off or pick-up from boarding; however, our kennel is staffed to care for all our boarding pets’ needs.